Sunday, November 12, 2006

I love being a youth leader

So I've randomly discovered that teenagers are drawn to me? What the heck? One girl stated that it usually takes her awhile to get comfortable with youth leaders..but it didn't take her long to get comfortable with me. Woah! I wonder though if I walked in as a new youth pastor would I still have the same affect? Would teenagers still see me as approachable? If you become a pastor do you have to be called Pastor Krystle? How weird is that? P. Krystle? nah...that doesn't really work either (but I like it better then saying the word our fully)

God keeps showing me His desire (and mine too!) and I'm so amazed at God's grace. He's allowed me to get close to girls that are thought of as strong Christians and don't seem to get any type of youth leader guidance. He's also put into my path girls that deal with SI (Self-Injury..usually cutting) and addictions in general. (kinda makes me wish that I had done better in high school so that I could take psycology). One thing that I have learned most importantly (something I can take anywhere) is unconditional love. I LOVE XTREME YOUTH KIDS.

I love them enough to tell them to turn around and pay attention. I love them enough to take them to NYC. I love them enough to dedicate my life to them. I love them enough to stay up until 12:00 (or 3:00 this weekend) just to talk. I love them enough that they are my first thoughts and my actions are because of them.

I was thinking the other day. Would I be able to get married now? Would I have the time or the energy to pour into a husband? I guess that's why I'd like to date awhile before I ever got married. Right now I have time for a boyfriend...get together once or twice a week...nothing too serious..def. not a husband.

So there you have it..my post of substance..but wasn't that quote cool (and the quote in the ABCs)! I love stuff like that!

Krystle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home