Monday, September 11, 2006

I Love my dad

I think that the best thing about my dad is the fact that I can tell him anything.

me: "guess what..so and so broke up"
dad: "really..is he the one that was a real jerk"
me: I thought I liked him but then he was really mean
dad: "after they broke up? what else was he suppose to do"

after that brief conversation he then went on how to tell me to hook an appliance up.


Not only is he a wealth of knowledge in boy areas (because there aren't any boys in my life) but I can tell him girl things too...

There are some things that are really OFF LIMITS to tell your dad..but there are things that girls just wouldn't tell their dad..that I do..My dad is very involved in my life and I LOVE IT!

I told him about the NYC trip today..and he didn't put his foot down and say "NO!"...so hopefully it's good. :)

I def see NYC being a tool this year to push me to study and work hard. Hopefully it works that way...

Here's a song that I love that was created for me and my dad (if only a girl was singing it..)


Keith Urban lyrics : Song For Dad lyrics
Lately I've been noticingI say the same things he used to say
And I even find myself acting the very same way
I tap my fingers on the table
To the rhythm in my soul
And I jingle the car keys When I'm ready to go
When I look in the mirror
He's right there in my eyes
Starin' back at me and I realize...

The older I getThe more I can see
How much he loved my mother and my brother and me
And he did the best that he could
And I only hope when I have my own family
That everyday I see
A little more of my father in me

There were times I thought he was bein'Just a little bit hard on me
But now I understand he was makin' me Become the man he knew that I could be
In everything he ever didHe always did with love
And I'm proud today to say I'm his son
When somebody says I hope I get to meet your dad
I just smile and say you already have

The older I getThe more I can see
How much he loved my mother and my brother and me
And he did the best that he could
And I only hope when I have my own family
That everyday I seeA little more of my father in me

He's in my eyesMy heart, my soulMy hands, my pride
And when I feel aloneAnd I think I can't go onI hear him sayin' Son you'll be alright
Everything's gonna be alrightYes it is

Chorus...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home