Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hebrews 11: 14-16

Reading my devotions tonight I came across this verse (I should be in bed..so if this isn't coherent please pray for me! lol)

"People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

My thoughts:

How often do new Christians (and sometimes old Christians too well set in their ways) think about all the things that they gave up (their old land)..and I really wonder how often do they get almost to their new land (freedom) and then turn around and run back to their old land (what they "gave up"). Thinking right now, I can see it happening to people that I know and love dearly. I saw it in myself when I struggled with my unmentionable sin. Commonly we use the phrase "giving it to God and then taking it back again"...do we not realize that when we get to Freedom..it's more wonderful and glorious than we know. And GOD MADE IT FOR US! (Hebrews 11: 16)


God's cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home