Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Witnessing at NBCC

Today at school we had a band at the school for IVCF and I, being the only student, was nominated for passing out flyers. Now usually I don't mind being all loud and crazy for Jesus..but today I had to force myself to get up and go do it. I was embarassed that it wasn't second nature to go and tell people about IVCF, which is basically inviting people to meet with Jesus. I did it though, that's the most important thing.

I had some guys that seemed promising at coming (yeah! I might not be the only student now!!) and some that just took a flyer because I asked them if they wanted one. There was a girl in my class that I asked her to come to IVCF and she bluntly said no and I said why not? And she showed me this star necklace she had on..I said ohhh you're Jewish..and she was like no..I'm wiccan..

I really think I witnessed to her well...honestly..I didn't cut down her religion..I just basically asked her what she believed..and someday..she might ask me the same. Maybe not..but atleast she's didn't get a bad impression of Christians.

I hate that..in high school I was friends with the "geek" and when he turned gay..and had a ton of friends..I was still his friend.. but a lot of my christian friends hated him...

sin...it doesn't divide a Christian from a non-christian..we're all the same..just one accepts God's grace..and one doesn't. SO STOP ACTING LIKE IT DOES!

My biggest philosphy is that getting mad at someone and freaking out at them doesn't bring them closer to Jesus..it probably sends them further away...

I'm in the soul winnin' business...

I also thought it was great that when I went and checked my e-mail and there was a e-devo about Witnessing to different types of people (I'll post the site at the end of this blog) and there was one especially for Wiccans. God's awesome

Anyway,

Night all..be in prayer for me..as I'm going with Tyson to visit Tim tomorrow..

XOXO

Krystle
http://www.dare2share.org/top10
http://www.dare2share.org (this is the regular site..it's all for College Aged Christians..it states that 50% of Christian teens going to college will loose their faith..I don't believe that we loose our faith..I believe that we choose not to accept God's grace.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home