Monday, April 07, 2008

The God of the good times is still God in the bad times

It's really interesting isn't it --one day I feel on top of the world. I feel cute like there's possibilities in my life and that any of them are possible. The only thing that changes is one sleep cycle and the next day all is forgotten.

Today was a blah day. I'm a bit swamped with work at school and I received my needles for Africa today (maybe that's why I'm a bit "cranky").

I may have made a mistake on Friday that might offend someone that I greatly respect, even though I rarely see them. Part of the whole mission experience is raising support. I sent out a letter to someone and my dad (who I respect even more) hopes that it gets lost in the mail. I sent out this support letter because I knew that they were a Christian and really wanted to inform them of my experience. It wasn't for money (truthfully my income tax return will probably pay for it all anyway) but I really wanted them to hear about my experience that I am so proud to be a part of. To justify it further my father and I do not share a similar faith, so I'm hoping that he's not right simply because of our difference in beliefs. As you can tell I'm feeling pretty guilty about it mostly because I haven't seen them in a long time and they're old (and by old I mean 90+). So, I am going to be praying the rest of the week that God prepares his heart for the letter. (Which I prayed before I sent them but realize its urgency even more now!)

I also may have offended a guy I really respect simply over a lack of priorities. I hate confrontation and know what I should do, but I'd really rather avoid it. We'll see how that goes.

In church something really stuck to me was this

When you dwell on your thoughts they become emotions and eventually they become attitudes. I'm really struggling with this right now but I have to believe that with God I will be victorious.


Thanks for listening blogdom. Not sure if anyone even reads this any more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home