Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A quote..and some things that are happening

"Christian professor Robert Hotchkins said it best when he said, "Christians ought to be celebrating constantly … because we have been liberated from the fear of life and the fear of death. We ought to attract people to the church quite literally by the fun there is in being a Christian."

Just wanted to add that quote to my..quote box..lol


I was thinking today about how great I think Moncton Wesleyan is. How when you walk in there's such a friendly atmosphere, how they have some of the greatest Pastoral Staff and support staff..and programs for EVERYTHING.

I have deicded to become more involved in the Young Adults (YA) program there mostly because I need to start making connections with people (biblical proof..John 11:35 Jesus made connections with people everywhere he went..which is one reason why he cried in this passage..talk to me for my clarification)..and I really need to turn Moncton into a postive experience. Anyway..I've only been in the YA program maybe three times, and it's probably the least funded of all programs at Moncton Wesleyan..which is totally sad...

At Dare 2 share (www.dare2share.org) they state that up to 50% of teens will "loose their faith" by their 4th year. Not only does this make me feel so so so so alone (being the only non-mature student at IVCF doesn't help either) but it makes me determined to show God's love, and share the gospel. I'm a firm believer that you don't have to stand up in the middle of the caf and start preaching brimstone and fire to share the gospel. I find the most effective way is to be a kind person, who will do things out of the ordinary.

God's working...it's awesome to see.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 p.m., Blogger bataylor said...

ya, somehow that statistic of 50% of teens losing their faith by their fourth year doesnt surprise me....i've seen a lot of ppl who were christians before coming here fall away, and others that go to church with me have been seen in some questionable activities... its really sad :(:(!! but i agree, i've found that i have had a lot of opportunity to witness just by being a nice, helpful person... the question of God always seems to come up, usually because they ask why im not drinking and i say i dont agree with it and that i am a christian....they ask a lot of questions after that.... its crazy how hungry ppl are for God and yet how they continue to push the truth away! but ya, just pray that i will find words or actions, etc to minister to these ppl and that i wouldnt do anything to push them away...
ill be thinking of u and praying for u!! laters
~becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home