Sunday, July 17, 2005

My Wedding

So I take the whole wedding thing pretty seriously. I think that today people take it WAY too lightly, which might explain the whole 50% divorce rate. Tonight I ended up picking up my mom at a wedding dance, and decided quite frankly I don't care who says what, I'm not having one. I figured out a long time ago that I'm going to have a 10 AM wedding and right directly after (So there's no waiting for the Bride and Groom) we're going to have a breakfast buffet. Just think about the pros in that! Breakfast is THE cheapest meal to make, I'll have all day to leave for my Hunnymoon (ahh I can't spell and Josh is no help) all day to have pictures taken and my family is less likely to get drunk (less because you never know with my family!) The only con I can see, and it's a huge possibility, is me dropping food on my dress egads!

Other wedding details (as of right now is) I want my brother to stand up with me, as well as Danielle Boucher and Amy Branswell. I want my wedding to be very musical and I want to write my own vows. I think I would love to have it at the Fredericton Anglican Cathedral but with a very NON-Anglican service. My friend Kristina just got married last weekend and it was an amazing wedding! I hope her life with Andrew is as amazing as her wedding.

I think it's only natural for girls to dream about their weddings. I praise God for that. I really think that girls need to chase those dreams and not settle for less than what their dreams are. I've decided to do so by creating a box for my future husband. It's really cute, but the only way you'll see what's on the inside is if you're my future husband (or Danielle cause we share these things, and she is the perfect boyfriend). I've also created a list of the top ten qualities that I wont settle for. I've also passed out that list to people that I admire and I know will ask me the tough questions on my boyfriend. God gave me these dreams, and like last night's post God wants to give me the desires of my heart. I'm not sure if I'm going to post my top ten qualities yet, maybe in a later post.

I just want to encourage everyone who reads this to follow your dreams and chase them with a passion that is only lesser than your passion for your King.

Tonight I tried to talk to my friends about swearing. I think I was shut down. They gave me crap about how they only do it in front of each other and that certain words aren't swear words. I tried to explain that as Christians we're suppose to be better than that...It didn't work so well I was told that was the problem with us (meaning Christians) is that we like to think we're better than everyone. I wish now that I would have used the word different. When light (aka Jesus) comes into darkness (aka Sin) darkness doesn't stay dark...it's changed. Pray that they might be convicted if it's God's will.


Witness Always
Praise Often
Rock Hard


Krystle Lynn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home