Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Today's Devotional!

Today I was reading My Personal Promise Bible (which I suggest that everyone get) and I read James 4:6-7 ("I give more grace. Which is why I say, 'I resist the proud but give grace to the humble.' Submit yourselves therefore to Me, your God. resist the devil, and he will flee from you.")

It really spoke to me! It was totally cool how God encouraged me though that verse. Last night I was going to sin super bad, and I really felt the devil telling me to do it...but I prayed such a simple prayer and the temptation went away. It was awesome again how today Pastor AJ from the Trinity Wesleyan talked about how we never praise God for the bad days. Obviously, we're not going to ask for bad days, but they're the ones that build our character. Funny, we talked about that in Sunday School on Sunday.

My sweet friend (boyfriend haha insider joke) Danielle says that God brings you up on top of the mountain to show what He can do, but then He sends you right back down into the valley because that's where everything grows. It's true in real life though, rarely does anything grow on top of a mountain, but the view is spectacular. Tons of plants grow in the valleys, and yes it might be a hard place to be, but that's where you're going to grow.

Ahhh, God's amazing!

On another note, I'm a bit worried about my band....We have yet to practice this summer. And the thing is, we have potential...if we would just put our minds to it, and give our gifts to God...2nd Generation could be amazing! Oh well, I'm going to leave that in God's hand. Chances are I wont be the next Third Day (oh but to meet them would be AMAZING) so I'll work on my other talents as well (just incase Third Day ever needs a new drummer).

Anyways, I should probably try to get some sleep tonight!
Love you all,
Witness Always
Praise Often
Rock Hard

Krystle Lynn

1 Comments:

At 1:17 a.m., Blogger Krystle said...

lol I will tell Danielle you said hey...she's not on msn much but I'll tell her to...now if she remembers is another thing!

Witness Always
Praise Often
Rock Hard

Krystle Lynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home